September 25, 2012

Evernote and Skitch a Great Pair


Evernote has been a primary player in my digital toolbox for the past few years. It all began when I needed a tool to help organize my project notes when I was working as an educational software producer. I immediately found Evernote to be intuitive and very easy to search. With Evernote it is possible to capture pretty much anything. Another selling point for me was that I could also add to Evernote from my PC laptop, Android Phone, iPad, or even the web. I continued to promote the use of Evernote when I returned to working in the schools. I used Evernote to capture PD ideas, tech integration examples, conference notes, and so much more. Evernote continues to be part of my daily life.

In the variety of jobs that I have held throughout the years I have often relied on annotated screenshots to tell a story for PD materials, further explanation of a particular article, quick "how to" for myself/teachers, reminders, and multitude of other reasons. In the past I relied solely on using Jing to create all of my annotated screenshots. This changed when I started using my iPad. Jing is not available for the iPad so I had to start looking for alternatives.

About a year ago Evernote acquired Skitch. Skitch is a fabulous screenshot annotation tool that works seamlessly with Evernote and is available for all iOS and Android devices as well as Mac computers. I use Skitch all the time from my iPad. All of my Skitch screenshots are immediately filed in a folder within Evernote so I never have any trouble remembering where I saved them. I find that both Evernote and Skitch together make a very powerful tool for today's classrooms.

Check out how to get started with using Skitch.
Skitch as a teaching tool

No comments:

Post a Comment